I believe that in life we all experience pain emotionally and physically. Healing is a skill I help you develop and with practice you will:
I have worked with a large range of life circumstances including: anxiety, depression, medical illnesses, cancer, transplants, grief, and death.
- Find relief from your pain.
- Learn new life skills.
- Exerience successful coping in daily life.
- Appreciate and enjoy your life.
In these painful experiences we are all faced with healing that pain. Healing is something which we must learn. Through my academic studies, professional work and personal life experiences, I have come to believe that healing can be learned. My focus in counseling adolescents, individuals, couples and/or families is as a guide for people as they are healing through life.
When acquiring any new skill, it is beneficial to have a guide, someone who has walked a similar path. I have learned a great deal about healing from the many people I have had the opportunity to work with and from my own life. The most profound personal healing knowledge came to me as I was healing from my stage 4 ovarian cancer diagnosis more than 20 years ago (also see the Oncology page and Brenda's Story).
If you are experiencing emotional or physical pain, I would welcome the opportunity to work with you as you walk your healing path.
Welcome to all new clients.
Contact me to schedule a time to discuss the counseling services I can provide to you.
There are 7 intake forms that you need to be read and complete prior to our first meeting.
Please print out these forms, complete them and bring them with you to your first appointment.
I look forward to meeting with you.
- Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices (Information for you to read and optional to print).
- Notice of Privacy Practices, Reciept and Acknowledgment of Notice (Please print, complete, sign, and bring in with you).
- Policy Guidelines and Services Notice (Please print, read, sign, and bring in with you).
- Payment and Insurance Form Notice (Please print, complete, sign, and bring in with you).
- Problem Rating Form PHQ-SADS Notice (Please print, complete, and bring in with you).
- History Form Notice (Please print, complete, and bring in with you).
- Electronic Communications Policy (Please print, read, and sign. Bring in with all other intake forms).
Brenda Hartman, MSW, LICSW
Additional resources can be found at: